Due to the way some new events work (specifically “Over my Dead Body”), I’m finding that I need to rethink how automations work in the game definition, as I now need to provide an interrupt window for every card react.
As such, scripting Edge of Darkness is taking a bit longer than usual but hopefully I’ll have something out in the next few days.
As always, it’s the censored version for the first 6 months. Grab it while it’s hot! 🙂
The latest Deluxe Expansion for the Star Wars LCG is now available on OCTGN. Restart your clients to immediately download v2.2.4x. which contains it.
Like usual, this initial version has no automation, barring known cards like the Fate Cards, Swindled etc which didn’t need testing.
One exception is Embers of Hope which is also automated, mostly to prevent card draw automations from firing when they shouldn’t. Don’t forget that Embers of Hope only works while it is undamaged 😉
Also, censored card images are not available yet but they will be appearing soon enough.
New version has been pushed out to fix the renegade squadron mobilization malfunctioning and working only if an opponent’s action made a unit leave play (rather than only when an opponent’s unit left play)
Also added two confirmation dialogues to prevent mistakes. One is if you try to play a Unit or Enhancement outside the deployment phase. The game will ask if you’re sure you’re allowed to play that card out of order.
The other is when you double click a unit participating in the engagement before the strike phase. Until now the game would silently jump to the strike phase, autocalculating the edge in the process. Originally this was though this way to allow for faster play, but I’ve noticed that this rather led to a lot of mistakes by players double clicking a unit in an engagement by mistake, and the game jumping too far forward, confusing them.
Now the game will ask you to confirm you’ve resolved the edge battle if you’re trying to strike outside of the strike phase.
I’ve just uploaded the Assault on Echo Base censored image pack, and I’ve also updated the core set images to their uncensored versions, since 6 months have passed since release. Grab the fresh files from the Expansions page and enjoy!
Pushed version 2.2.1.x which provides automation for most cards in AoEB
- Cards not scripted:
- Col Serra (Only the Edge(1) is scripted)
- Confronting the Terror
- Corrupt Official
- Echo Control Center
- Knowledge and Defense
- Cards with tricky scripting:
- The General’s Imperative – Your reserve won’t be reduced when this objective is damaged. You’ll need to modify it manually
- Sabotage in the Snow – It won’t autofire. You’ll need to double click it at the appropriate time. Target the cards for quicker results.
- Turbolaser Battery – Won’t autofire. Double click on it to use it.
- A Stinging Insult – Will engage only unfocused units
- Fixed the placement of Edge Cards and Dummy cards to not force zoom out.
- Double clicking an objective at the start of the game will now select it to put at the bottom of the deck.
The new force pack is now available on OCTGN. Once your game automatically updates to v2.2.0.x you will see it in your deck editor.
This version does not include any card automations yet (albeit the default automations for resources and the like will still work). I will provide the automations and the censored card images soon enough, and I’ll also be uploading the uncensored core set since 6 months have passed since release.
I just added a link to the currently ongoing TopTier Gaming SW League on the right. Take a look and take part 🙂
Added a quick version to fix some of the issues reported in github
- Added warning when trying to deploy a unit or enhancement out of phase.
- Fixed Reconnaisence mission hopefully
- Fixed Self-Preservation adding force per opposing units
- Fixed A Dark Time for The Rebellion triggering on opponent’s turn
- Fixed Error with Jedi Mind Trick and It Binds all Things
As you can see, the new site for the Star Wars LCG game definition is ready. Take a look and see if you see anything that can be improved.