New version has been pushed out to fix the renegade squadron mobilization malfunctioning and working only if an opponent’s action made a unit leave play (rather than only when an opponent’s unit left play)
Also added two confirmation dialogues to prevent mistakes. One is if you try to play a Unit or Enhancement outside the deployment phase. The game will ask if you’re sure you’re allowed to play that card out of order.
The other is when you double click a unit participating in the engagement before the strike phase. Until now the game would silently jump to the strike phase, autocalculating the edge in the process. Originally this was though this way to allow for faster play, but I’ve noticed that this rather led to a lot of mistakes by players double clicking a unit in an engagement by mistake, and the game jumping too far forward, confusing them.
Now the game will ask you to confirm you’ve resolved the edge battle if you’re trying to strike outside of the strike phase.
With the help of community member OneSidedDie, I’ve now updated the High Quality Image pack with ~200 new images. You’ll have to redownload the whole image pack again to get those I needed to update the existing package (rather than uploading a new file) because I’ve fixed the card Martyr’s Mirror which had the “Martyr’s Cross” image wrongly. So I decided to repackage.
It’s a big download (~170 Mb) but worth it.
I’ve also updated the low quality pack and removed the cards I’ve just put in the high quality pack. You should redownload that if you’re going to use it, or you can just make sure you install it first, so that the low quality images are overwritten afterwards.
The Auto-generated proxy for Black Jack
Finally Doomtown now comes with proxy generated images. This means that from version 3.2.3.x onwards you and your friends can jump right in a game as soon as you download the definition, without having to download any card packs at all, which should make it easier to convince someone to try the game, when they don’t have to download 150Mb of files first.
Of course it’s always better to play with actual card art and flavour text, so I’ve also updates the available sets images available for download. I’ve now split the card images into two download bundles, one containing all properly scanned images, called the “High Quality Bundle” and one containing all those crappy, generated ones I lifted from LackeyCCG way back when I first started coding Doomtown on OCTGN 🙂
You should definitely grab the first, but the latter is fairly difficult to read. You can always use the inspect function as always, but if you can live without card art, you can simply keep using the auto-generated proxy images instead, which should be far more legible.
Hopefully in the near future we’ll finally complete scanning all the Doomtown cards and provide it for download.
Until then, enjoy!
I’ve just uploaded the Assault on Echo Base censored image pack, and I’ve also updated the core set images to their uncensored versions, since 6 months have passed since release. Grab the fresh files from the Expansions page and enjoy!
6 months have passed since the release of the first and second ANR packs, as such we are now providing the card images uncensored. Grab the fresh files from the Expansions page.
Pushed version 2.2.1.x which provides automation for most cards in AoEB
- Cards not scripted:
- Col Serra (Only the Edge(1) is scripted)
- Confronting the Terror
- Corrupt Official
- Echo Control Center
- Knowledge and Defense
- Cards with tricky scripting:
- The General’s Imperative – Your reserve won’t be reduced when this objective is damaged. You’ll need to modify it manually
- Sabotage in the Snow – It won’t autofire. You’ll need to double click it at the appropriate time. Target the cards for quicker results.
- Turbolaser Battery – Won’t autofire. Double click on it to use it.
- A Stinging Insult – Will engage only unfocused units
- Fixed the placement of Edge Cards and Dummy cards to not force zoom out.
- Double clicking an objective at the start of the game will now select it to put at the bottom of the deck.
The new force pack is now available on OCTGN. Once your game automatically updates to v2.2.0.x you will see it in your deck editor.
This version does not include any card automations yet (albeit the default automations for resources and the like will still work). I will provide the automations and the censored card images soon enough, and I’ll also be uploading the uncensored core set since 6 months have passed since release.
New update which improves the call out/shootout/posse forming mechanics and adds a new Default Action which should streamline most basic actions via double clicks
- Now using a Lowball Pot card to store lowball antes. It should make it clearer when there’s a lowball and what the stakes are.
- Call Out Process has been improved somewhat. To call out, target the dude you want and then use the Call out action (Ctrl+Shift+C). The controller of the dude can now quickly accept (F5) or reject (ESC) the call out and will be moved accordingly in the latter case.
- If a call-out is accepted, a shootout breaks out immediately. Use f10 to finish it.
- Added a “Default Action” for double clicking cards.
- Double clicking on the Lowball Pot will declare you the winner and take the money. Useful for resolving ties.
- Double Clicking a Dude, while you have an opposing Dude targeted, will call-out the target dude
- Double Clicking a Dude which has been called out, will accept the call out
- Double Clicking a Dude while a shootout is going on, will add them as attacker or defender accordingly.
- On every other case, the default action will just boot/unboot the card
- Game will now warn you if you’re trying to do something in a phase you’re not allowed to. You’ll be able to jump to the proper phase from the dialogue.
Added a new version which significantly improves and simplifies the goods attachment mechanics.
- Now to play a goods, spell or improvement card, you need to have a dude or deed targeted respectively. Otherwise the action will fail.
- Attached goods will be autoplaced on the target card as soon as you double click on them.
- To trade goods simply target the target dude and use the “Trade Goods” action in the first dude’s context menu.
- If you only hold one good, it will be moved immediately.
- If you trade more than one goods card, you’ll get a multiple choice menu to choose which ones you want to trade.
Also changed the phase changing shortcut to Ctrl + Enter to sync with my other definitions and changed the special font from the chat menu to improve readability.
Version 220.127.116.11 is up and contains more automation of channeling on familiars and conjurations. All variations should be automated. A few code fixes were added too.
Also my partner in crime “sIKE” has done an AMAZING job of entering card data. This builds a platform for more features in the time to come. Right now you can use it in the deck builder to find that card you just can’t remember the name of, but you know it had the word “xxx” in the text. Almost everything can be searched now.