I’ve seen a lot of you mess around far too much with unit placements. Apparently y’all love fighting the engine instead of working with it. Haven’t you learned yet that I know what’s best for you?
Aaaanyway, to avoid having to see you mess around so much, I’ve made some changes which I think some of you might appreciate. See the below public service announcement:
PS: People who insist on dragging units off the table manually make baby Yoda sad :'(
2.3.8.x is another update focusing on fixing a lot of small stuff
- Fixed Moorsh Moraine and Raise the Stakes unopposed bonus stacking
- Fixed Greedo and Jawa Scavengers not triggering sometimes.
- Changed the Button art to make more sense thematically 🙂
- Darth Vader (Sith) will now choose any targeted cards if they exist.
- Fixed Bounty not triggering on Refresh
- Fixed Preparation for Battle always triggering if Dial is above 8
- Fixed Self Preservation giving LS extra force for each committed DS unit, when the DS calculated the force struggle.
- Fixed Gaffi Stick firing outside of engagement
- Fixed Asteroid Sanctuary not triggering half the time
- Fixed Carbonite Transport not targeting correctly.
Thanks to everyone who’s been reporting them on the issue tracker. Y’all are stars!
There is a small chance I introduced regression bugs with my Self Preservation fix. If you see anything not working when it was until now, please let me know ASAP.
the Modern Masters Hi-Res image pack is now available for download: http://www.mediafire.com/?g4fr1elbztc742f
Shobalk had just started posting matchups from the Faction Tournament based on the results of the Alpha League. First few matches are between fellow streamer running_bear and hobb33 (whom I just cannot beat online. 🙁 )
Very exciting and close games follow below. Take a look and follow the thread for more.
I’ve spent a good part of the day creating a new OCTGN Use Tutorial for Star Wars: The Card Game LCG and it’s finally finished uploading. Send this to your friends or other interested parties to give them some preparation if they need it.
If the quality is too low, the video is still being processed by youtube. Check back later to get the full 1080p resolution.
Sorry if I’m sounding a bit rough and or messing some things, but it was the second time I recorded the whole thing, because the first time I did it I realized only too late that the recording software had the wrong microphone tapped and thus had not recorded my voice at all. So I had to redo the whole thing all over again and I was both a bit frustrated and my speaking capacity had started to give after 4 hours of constant speaking. All in all, this took me about 6 hours to produce.
The end result is 1 hour long, but I go through everything that is relevant and important. It explains everything from the basic GUI, to how to play cards from hand, to how card triggers interact with each other, to what HARDCORE mode does.
Unfortunately I haven’t had the courage to note down time bookmarks to provide for each section. I may do that later if I get the time, or one of you can note them down while they watch and send me a list if you want 😉
The latest OCTGN update has removed default groupaction functions from triggering while inside a ‘View Cards in Pile’ window. In addition, groupaction will take priority over cardaction for all piles on the main play window (not including Hand and Table). This will allow games to have a defaulted groupaction for the pile, and a different defaulted cardaction for the ‘view cards in pile’ window
The right-click (context) menu is now accessible while inside the view pile window as well.
New Version brings automations improving the playing of Solo Ops Missions.
- To start a solo op, you need to have one of your agents targeted when you play the card. That agent will automatically be set as the attacker.
- When you double click on a current solo op, you will be prompted to win it
- While a solo op is ongoing, double clicking on an agent will try to set them to participate (to be used only by your opponent since you have already chosen your attacker)
- When the attacker wins the solo op, the highlight will be removed and you will gain 1 VP
- When the defender wins the solo op, the card will be discarded and they will gain 1 VP and draw a card
- To win a Solo Op as the defender, just target it and Ctrl + W like any other mission
Well you’re in luck, I just finished teaching the game on OCTGN on my good friend Tragic, and used this as an opportunity to record a much needed tutorial video. Given that I taught both the game rules and the gameplay on OCTGN, I decided to split the resulting 2-hour video into two parts for (hopefully) easier consumption
In the future I will hopefully make something more professional, but until then I hope this will do 🙂
PS: Oh and I’ve fixed that bug where your agends wouldn’t unparticipate from missions via the shortcut.
– from the rules insert
the 126.96.36.199 Update introduces the Rando Cardrissian house rule to the game. To enable Rando (it’s off by default), right-click the table and choose the Rando option in the menu. Having Rando enabled will add an additional, random answer to the table to choose from. Rando’s score is tracked by the game.
– Added Rando Cardrissian rule to the game
– Chat log messages are more gender-neutral
The Core set Nightmare quests have just been released by FFG.
The full card text for these new cards is now available in OCTGN (release 188.8.131.52). The card images will be made available in 6 months time