Archenemy Nicol Bolas and Commander 2017 image packs are now available.
– All 154 Opus III cards are now available, featuring characters from Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy TYPE-0 and more!
– Added image pack for the above (missing only one card).
– Added the ability to move cards on the field to the top of the owner’s deck; this ability has been grouped with the similar abilities to move to hand & Break Zone, and put into their own submenu.
– Fixed a number of outstanding spelling mistakes: “Khimari” has been corrected to “Kimahri”, “Manakin” has been corrected to “Manikin”, etc.
Nightmare images packs are now available for the The Treason of Saruman and the Ringmaker cycle, courtesy of Mr. Undehill!
The image pack for The Sands of Harad is also available now.
The MTG game plugin has been updated for Hour of Devastation. This is just a content update, there are no changes to the game scripting or gameplay.
Finally, after a long-winded delay, the site for OCTGN’s Arkham Horror LCG module has been unleashed! Here you can keep up to date with updates about the module, and most importantly, grab Image Packs for the cards as they are released. If you’re just joining us, keep in mind that we will not be publishing Image Packs for cards until 6 months after their physical release.
The latest update of the module includes the releases for Undimensioned and Unseen & Where Doom Awaits! So we are reaching ever closer to the culmination of the Dunwich Legacy Cycle.
EDIT: I have just released a hotfix V18.104.22.168 which fixes the exhaust function back to normal. Thanks to Elaraiah for reporting this bug!
Patch Notes 22.214.171.124
- Added Defenders of Equestria with the new changeling token
- Added a function to check for Meticulous cards like the Inspire function
- Added a New Automatic AT system and Color Requirement Checker
- Added Singleplayer mode
- Added Multiplayer format
- Added a fan-made format called Villain Challenge with both Nightmare Moon and king Sombra
Phew, that is a big list of features right there. That’s what I been doing these past few months and I couldn’t have done it without the help of the MLPCCG OCTGN Discord group which helped to test out these features, reported bugs and gave me feedback on improvements. If you are interested in joining the Discord group, here’s the link: https://discord.gg/QkGx4FT
Moving on to the update, the new Meticulous function acts like Inspired. If it detects any meticulous cards, it will prompt you the amount of meticulous you have and allow you to see X amount of your top cards where X is the amount of meticulous you specified. You can choose to place the card on top or bottom.
For the Automatic AT system, it calculates the cost of the card you are trying to play and compares it with your current ammount of AT. If you do not have enough AT, it will warn you but you can still play the card if you desire. The Color Requirement Checker captures every single faced-up friend and mane you own. It uses this to calculates the total power for each element you have on the table. With this, it can compare this data with the color requirement on the card you want to play and determine if you can play that card. Again, if you do not meet the color requirements, it will warn you but you can still play the card if you desire.
Sometimes, the automation might be annoying especially at the end of the game like if you want to show your opponent what card you could have played etc. Therefore, I added a on/off button which can be found when you right click your Hand area (Or if you like shortcuts, it’s CTRL+C). It’s called “Toggle Auto AT and Color Req Check”, clicking it will disable this feature and clicking it again will enable it. By default, this feature will be enabled. Any game reset will also reset it to the default setting.
Another request I got was to add a “Singleplayer” mode to OCTGN where players can create a solo game and cycle through their deck to see what they would draw and what hand they would get. In previous versions of the game, ending the turn while playing solo does nothing. Now, the game will pass the turn back to the solo player so he/she can start the turn and draw cards/AT etc.
As for Multiplayer and Villain Challenge, you can find a guide on starting and playing them on OCTGN here.
For future updates, I have people suggesting me to add the Sisterhooves Social fan-made format into OCTGN. I will see what I can do about that. If you have any suggestions or improvements you want to see in OCTGN, just message me on the Discord group!
- For the new Automatic AT and color checker system, I’m unable to mute the OCTGN message that will tell your opponent what card you tried to play, even if you pick the option of not playing the card.
- For Sweetie Belle, Most Traditional, the only way to use her now is to look at your opponent top 2 cards then take control over their deck and discard pile to rearrange their cards or discard them to the discard pile. After you are done, the opponent will have to retake control over their deck and discard pile. I will be working on a function to make this process less tedious.
PS: You might be wondering why this is version 126.96.36.199 instead of 188.8.131.52. That’s because I released a preview build for testing which I accidentally named 184.108.40.206. So if I named this update as 220.127.116.11, those already on 18.104.22.168 will not automatically update to the newer version.
Echoes of the New World is now available — image packs are in the download section.
– Added the Opus III starter set cards, featuring characters from Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy TYPE-0.
– Added image packs for the above; also added image packs for current available “Parallel Art” cards.
– Fixed an issue with drafting where only Opus I cards would be added to a player’s card pool.
The image packs for the Dreamchaser Cycle, and the nightmare images for The Road Darkens, The Lost Realm, and the Angmar Awakend Cycle are now available.
This update brings Amonkhet to OCTGN. A few new features and fixes were added as well:
- Added Amonkhet, Nissa vs Ob Nixilis, Mind vs Might.
- Added support for “does not untap on next untap step”, AKA the Exert keyword. Older card scripts will eventually be updated to support this.
- CTRL+V shortcut is now for Exert (originally the permanent does-not-untap toggle).
- CTRL+SHIFT+V shortcut is now Keep Tapped During All Untap Steps (the old CTRL+V functionality, renamed).
- New Table group action (CTRL+U) to untap all your permanents, doesn’t change the active phase.
- Added scripting support for activated abilities in graveyards (including Embalm).
- BUG FIX: clicking the untap phase would untap your opponents cards.
- BUG FIX: Attacking while tapped wouldn’t trigger attack scripting (bypass dialog didn’t work).
- KNOWN BUG: Split cards (including aftermath) aren’t working properly, will fix in the next update.