Patch Notes 126.96.36.199
- Added the Limited format of MLPCCG into OCTGN
Although this update is quite small with only one update, it is still quite a big gamechanger. Anyways, I have created a new page with instructions on how to get started with Limited. Check it out!
Other than this, I’m planning to make multiplayer work on OCTGN, so stay tuned for that. And perhaps, I might try to include a fan-made format called “Villain Challenge”… Tell me if you guys want to see that happen!
*Even if Limited is now available, do remember to support the creators of this great game and your local stores. If you guys got any questions, feel free to comment below!
Image packs are now available for everything up to Temple of the Deceived!
For those interested in statistics, here’s a fun segment I plan to do quarterly for each main expansion release. The MTG game plugin uses a scripting system that interacts with an online database of card scripts. I had set up a quick statistical logging code that tracks when a card script is requested, recording the number of hits each card gets. Each card script only gets requested once per hosted game, meaning a specific card will only be tallied once per player, per game session, regardless of how many times it is used in-game.
Here are the top 30 most played Magic cards in OCTGN, starting at Kaladesh release update:
Forest — 16818
Plains — 16806
Swamp — 16124
Island — 16049
Mountain — 14684
Evolving Wilds — 3350
Sol Ring — 2946
Polluted Delta — 2680
Lightning Bolt — 2625
Windswept Heath — 2522
Flooded Strand — 2469
Wooded Foothills — 2276
Bloodstained Mire — 2108
Path to Exile — 1934
Command Tower — 1703
Clue — 1638
Cavern of Souls — 1629
Scalding Tarn — 1618
Stomping Ground — 1558
Misty Rainforest — 1537
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar — 1527
Prairie Stream — 1507
Birds of Paradise — 1484
Temple Garden — 1474
Overgrown Tomb — 1470
Verdant Catacombs — 1444
Shambling Vent — 1430
Hallowed Fountain — 1420
Brainstorm — 1393
Zombie — 1350
Aether Revolt is now available. See downloads page for link to the current low-res image pack.
Sorry for the delay with Legacy Lost, we had some issues with retrieving the correct card images for the set. But its here now! Image links are available in the downloads section.
– Cards with the ability to reduce their own CP cost – such as Alma (1-153C) and Cloud (1-187S) – and cards with the ability to reduce the CP cost of other cards – such as Fang (1-020R) and Yuna (1-177R) – should now be accounted for when using the “Play Card” function. Hopefully, no more having to drag those cards manually!
– Special Abilities have been added as menu choices for those cards that have them. Similar to the “Play Card” function, it requires you to have the CP total and also a card with the same name in your hand to use this function.
– Added promo Sephiroth (PR-001); check the Image Pack section of the site for his image pack.
Yuna (1-176H) -> EX burst trigger was not turned on
After a year without updates I finally get time to update VtES game on OCTGN to lastest expansion Anarchs Unbound. i also make few adjustments and visual updates..
Please contact me if you found some bug.
Commander 2016 is now available, with low-res image pack in the downloads page. This update also introduced a Phase bar on the top-left corner, which can be used to better indicate which phase of the turn the active player is currently in. Proper integration with the game scripting is not yet available.
It’s been a very exciting first week, and a lot of feedback has already been handed my way. There’s been a number of smaller hotfixes and changes over the week, and with this newest v0.1.1.4 update, here’s a list of all those changes:
– “Freeze/Unfreeze” was added as a choice for cards. It will add a Freeze marker and stop the card from activating during your next Active Phase, at which time the marker will go away.
– “Declare Party Attack” was added as a choice for attacking Forwards. It draws a purple highlight around the cards, instead of the red highlight used for individual attackers.
– New overlays for power and damage have been added to replace the existing markers. (WIP)
– When you go to play a card from your hand, the game will check to see if you already have a character with that name out on the field (excluding Standard Units).
– Added a “Cancel” button to popup menus.
Ricard (1-146) -> Card name was incorrectly set as “Richard”
Fairy (1-170) -> Card name was incorrectly set as “Faerie”; EX burst trigger was not turned on
Cards 1-188 to 1-191 -> The wrong card images were displaying for these cards; this should be fixed, but if you find it persisting then please try reinstalling the image pack
Snow (1-194) -> Special ability name was incorrectly set as “Soverign Fist” (fixed name: “Vendetta”)
Serah (1-195) -> Cost was incorrectly set to 4 CP (fixed value: 3 CP)
Just in time for the release of the game at local game shops, here’s a plugin to play Final Fantasy Trading Card Game using OCTGN.
To figure out how to install OCTGN, the plugin, and how to use both of them, click on the How to Play tab. To download the image pack needed for Opus I cards, click on the Image Packs tab. (If no image packs are installed, proxy images will be provided.)
Have fun, leave feedback, and support the official release!
EDIT: The link on the Image Packs page was pointing to the wrong file. Embarrassing! This has now been fixed.