Archenemy Nicol Bolas and Commander 2017 image packs are now available.
The MTG game plugin has been updated for Hour of Devastation. This is just a content update, there are no changes to the game scripting or gameplay.
This update brings Amonkhet to OCTGN. A few new features and fixes were added as well:
- Added Amonkhet, Nissa vs Ob Nixilis, Mind vs Might.
- Added support for “does not untap on next untap step”, AKA the Exert keyword. Older card scripts will eventually be updated to support this.
- CTRL+V shortcut is now for Exert (originally the permanent does-not-untap toggle).
- CTRL+SHIFT+V shortcut is now Keep Tapped During All Untap Steps (the old CTRL+V functionality, renamed).
- New Table group action (CTRL+U) to untap all your permanents, doesn’t change the active phase.
- Added scripting support for activated abilities in graveyards (including Embalm).
- BUG FIX: clicking the untap phase would untap your opponents cards.
- BUG FIX: Attacking while tapped wouldn’t trigger attack scripting (bypass dialog didn’t work).
- KNOWN BUG: Split cards (including aftermath) aren’t working properly, will fix in the next update.
Hi-Res image packs have been updated for Kaladesh, Aether Revolt, FTV Lore, Commander 2016, and Conspiracy 2. Please find them in the image pack downloads section.
The two missing duel deck sets will be added to the game plugin with the plugin update for Amonkhet (most likely some time this week).
Modern Masters 2017 is now available, image pack can be found in the downloads page.
For those interested in statistics, here’s a fun segment I plan to do quarterly for each main expansion release. The MTG game plugin uses a scripting system that interacts with an online database of card scripts. I had set up a quick statistical logging code that tracks when a card script is requested, recording the number of hits each card gets. Each card script only gets requested once per hosted game, meaning a specific card will only be tallied once per player, per game session, regardless of how many times it is used in-game.
Here are the top 30 most played Magic cards in OCTGN, starting at Kaladesh release update:
Forest — 16818
Plains — 16806
Swamp — 16124
Island — 16049
Mountain — 14684
Evolving Wilds — 3350
Sol Ring — 2946
Polluted Delta — 2680
Lightning Bolt — 2625
Windswept Heath — 2522
Flooded Strand — 2469
Wooded Foothills — 2276
Bloodstained Mire — 2108
Path to Exile — 1934
Command Tower — 1703
Clue — 1638
Cavern of Souls — 1629
Scalding Tarn — 1618
Stomping Ground — 1558
Misty Rainforest — 1537
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar — 1527
Prairie Stream — 1507
Birds of Paradise — 1484
Temple Garden — 1474
Overgrown Tomb — 1470
Verdant Catacombs — 1444
Shambling Vent — 1430
Hallowed Fountain — 1420
Brainstorm — 1393
Zombie — 1350
Aether Revolt is now available. See downloads page for link to the current low-res image pack.
Commander 2016 is now available, with low-res image pack in the downloads page. This update also introduced a Phase bar on the top-left corner, which can be used to better indicate which phase of the turn the active player is currently in. Proper integration with the game scripting is not yet available.
Kaladesh is now available to play! Image packs are in the downloads page
The new MTG update adds Conspiracy 2 and FTV: Lore to the plugin. Low-res image packs are available as well.
Hi-res image packs are also now available for Commander 2015, Oath of the Gatewatch, Shadows over Innistrad, Eldritch Moon, Eternal Masters and Blessed vs Cursed.