*Disclaimer and Introduction*
This plugin is intended for private non-commercial use only. Please support the official card game and the great people over at Enter-Play and Hasbro by buying the retail card products.
This plug-in creates virtual proxies of all cards needed to playtest. However, if you do not like the use of proxies, the OCTGN software allows you to add in your own pictures by using an image pack. To do this, go to the Games Manager tab and look for a button named Add Image Pack. Select the relevant o8c file and it will add in all card images for that set. If you do this, please be aware that you can only use the images for personal use.
1) Install OCTGN. Currently only Windows is officially supported, although if you’re on OSX you may have some luck with the Mac test client (http://help.octgn.net/support/discussions/topics/46055)
2) Under Games Manager, add a new feed. You can name it anything you like (I suggest “MLP” or “OCTGN Games”) but put this as the URL: https://www.myget.org/F/octgngamedirectory
3) Select and install the My Little Pony – CCG game!
4) See Gameplay Instructions for more on how to use this particular plug-in within OCTGN
1) Load your deck using the File->Load Deck
2) Determine a first player (suggest flipping a coin (Alt+F) or rolling dice (Alt+6 or Alt+X))
3) Use F12 to run Game Setup and select your Starting Problem
4) Use Tab to cycle through the game phases. At the start of a turn it will Ready cards, grant the correct number of Action Tokens, and Draw a Card (except on the first turn). At the end of a turn it will pass the turn to your opponent.
5) For Faceoffs, use CTRL+F to flip a card. ALT+C will put flipped cards onto the bottom of your deck after the faceoff.
6) Shift left clicking a card allows you to mark it. If you Shift and hold left click on a card and then drag your mouse to another card, the game will create an arrow pointing to the other card.