*Disclaimer and Introduction*
This plugin is intended for private non-commercial use only. Please support the official card game and the great people over at Enter-Play and Hasbro by buying the retail card products.
This plug-in creates virtual proxies of all cards needed to playtest. However, if you do not like the use of proxies, the OCTGN software does allow you to scan in your own cards and add the images to OCTGN ([*currently subscribers only*] you can drag and drop any image file over the proxy image in the Deck Editor and OCTGN will display that image for the card from that point forward). If you do this, please be aware that you can only use the images for personal use.
1) Install OCTGN. Currently only Windows is officially supported, although if you’re on OSX you may have some luck with the Mac test client (http://help.octgn.net/support/discussions/topics/46055)
2) Under Games Manager, add a new feed. You can name it anything you like (I suggest “MLP” or “OCTGN Games”) but put this as the URL: https://www.myget.org/F/octgngamedirectory
3) Select and install the My Little Pony – CCG game!
4) See Gameplay Instructions for more on how to use this particular plug-in within OCTGN
Load your deck using the File->Load Deck
Determine a first player (suggest flipping a coin (Alt+F) or rolling dice (Alt+6 or Alt+X))
Use F12 to run Game Setup and select your Starting Problem
Use Tab to cycle through the game phases. At the start of a turn it will Ready cards, grant the correct number of Action Tokens, and Draw a Card (except on the first turn). At the end of a turn it will pass the turn to your opponent.
For Faceoffs, use F10 to flip a card. Alt+C will put flipped cards onto the bottom of your deck after the faceoff.
- Shift left clicking a card allows you to mark it. If you Shift and hold left click on a card and then drag your mouse to another card, the game will create an arrow pointing to the other card.