lettucemode and I have been hard at work preparing the next release for all of the denizens of the Mage Wars Arena on OCTGN. What’s new? Improved? Fixed?
- Epic, School, and Mage restrictions are now noted when you validate the deck
- Epic, School, and Mage restrictions are now noted when you load to deck and are noted along with the spell point restrictions. If your spellbook fails validation your player will not be setup, and you will be prompted to restart the game for both players in order to load a valid deck.
- After your deck has been validated, you now select your Mages marker color, additionally, Green and Yellow color markers are now available
- Burns are automatically rolled and applied during the Upkeep phase
- Use a two-sided table option is now “Unselected” by default
- Lots and lots of data cleanup, Mort, IoP, Dissolve, etc
- Added the Attack Bar Card Property which was separated out from the Text Card Property (for future Proxy Card Generation)
- Missing Promo art fixed
- DvN art has been updated
- The official Spellbooks are now included for the Druid and Necromancer
- Slam markers now have a shortcut Alt+S
- New smaller Vine Markers
- Updated help document, should help those just starting out on the OCTGN system
- Proxy Card Generation Implementation
- Initial work on Alternate play. Flip the board over and play out ACG’s portable board cards! A big thanks goes out to ACG for the use of his art!
- Initial work on improving how we handle Enchantments, which will be the first step in a longer term project
- Work on the OCTGN Spellbook Builder (SBB) to import and export your spellbooks to/from the Mage Wars SBB
- Export your OCTGN Spellbook into BBCode to paste into the Mage Wars forum
- More automation/behind the scenes improvements
Instructions to update both the Spellbook Builder Plugin and the updated Image Pack file are here.
Ideas and requests are always welcome…….
Thanks! Your friendly Mage Wars on OCTGN team
From the team here at Mage Wars for OCTGN
lettucemode has stepped in and stepped up quickly! He has updated the spellbook builder’s dll to accurately calculate the Druid’s level 1 Water spellbook cost. Keep your eyes out, we hope to have a couple more updates out here soon.
You will need to download and drop the dll into the:
Make sure that you “unblock” the dll after complete the download. If you need more help with this, click on the Install link above.
Mage Wars v 1.2.10 is up now.
Druid vs. Necromancer support added
– The o8c file has been updated with the DVN cards and you must download the image pack again to get the new art*
– Alternative art for Mages is now included
– The three cards that were errata’ed now have the original cards as alternatives
– Card Numbers for the CoK release have been updated
– Numerous Typo’s fixed
– In-game point calculation works but plugin doesn’t consider druid rule as of yet.
* A few of the DvN cards are low resolution at this time, they will be updated when better art becomes available.
This will be the last release from my hand (Cosworth). sIKE is still very active but needs some help so now is the time to step up if you have some coding skills in python and C#.
Mage Wars v. 188.8.131.52 is up now. It fixes the bug that made playing impossible. Sorry for the inconvenience.
New version (184.108.40.206) is up with new promos from GenCon 2013.
You can find information about the league and register here:
Errata for 3 core cards (Hand of Bim-Shala, Temple of Light & Battle Fury) has been incorporated. Cards should be replaced after a OCTGN restart when Mage Wars updates to version 220.127.116.11.
Latest release includes more promo cards, bug fix for the channeling phase and a sneak preview of a new feature (try double clicking on a spell while face-up).
The new promo cards are included in the normal image pack download.
Version 18.104.22.168 is up and contains more automation of channeling on familiars and conjurations. All variations should be automated. A few code fixes were added too.
Also my partner in crime “sIKE” has done an AMAZING job of entering card data. This builds a platform for more features in the time to come. Right now you can use it in the deck builder to find that card you just can’t remember the name of, but you know it had the word “xxx” in the text. Almost everything can be searched now.