For version 18.104.22.168 – If you are getting a validation error please go here and download the updated installer that resolves this issue. You may have to uninstall the older version first.
The Spellbook Builder dll is a plugin for OCTGN. Once installed it allows you to build your Spellbook to play it on OCTGN. During the book building process you can validate the spell book to see if it game legal, the validation process checks the spellbook points, school, epic, and mage restrictions, along with enforcing spell level counts. If you book is successfully validated it is automatically copied to your clip board in basic text format. Once it is successfully validated, you have two additional export options and one for importing Spellbooks from other formats:
- Export to Forum Post: When this option is selected it will copy your validated spellbook to your PCs clipboard. The clipboard data will be formatted in the same BBCode used on the Mage Wars forums. This format is the enhanced display format that you see other spellbooks on the Arcane Wonders Mage Wars forums.
- Export to Forum Spellbook Builder: When this option is selected it will export your spellbook to a file on your system that is compatible with the Spellbook Builder available at the Arcane Wonders website.
- OCTGN Deck Converter: This plugin will allow you to import Spellbooks in other formats into the OCTGN Spellbook Builder. More information can be found on the OCTGN Deck Converter page.
Spellbook Builder Plugin Install
After you have installed or have updated the Mage Wars for OCTGN module, you will need to update the Spellbook Builder Plugin.
Automated Install Process
Note: As of version 22.214.171.124 the automated install script has been replaced with an MSI file that will install the plugin into the proper folder for you automatically.
To install the plugin navigate to your <Installfolder>\OCTGN\GameDatabase\9acef3d0-efa8-4d3f-a10c-54812baecdda\Plugins folder and you will find a file named OCTGN-SBB-for-MageWars.msi.
- Make sure that OCTGN is closed down.
- Run the installer by double clicking on it. Click on the “Install” button and once the files are installed click the “Close” button. You can now start building your Spellbook!
Typically the location of your <Installfolder> is your My Documents folder.
Manual Install Process
This is for those who would prefer not to execute the MSI to install the dll on to their system here are the steps to install the plugin manually.
Navigate to your <Installfolder>\OCTGN\GameDatabase\9acef3d0-efa8-4d3f-a10c-54812baecdda\Plugins\Octgn.MagewarsPlugin folder. You will find the Octgn.Magewars.dll located there. Right click on the file and select properties and if you see the Unblock button click on it then click OK, if you do not see the Unblock button then just click OK.
Now navigate to <Installfolder>\OCTGN\Plugins and create a folder named MWPlugin, Now copy the dll’s from the <Installfolder>\OCTGN\GameDatabase\9acef3d0-efa8-4d3f-a10c-54812baecdda\Plugins\Octgn.MagewarsPlugin to the <Installfolder>\OCTGN\Plugins folder. You can now start building your Spellbook!
The plugin will no longer be made available on the Dropbox share. It is now included with the update package itself.
If you did the steps above but still don’t see anything please refer to the FAQ page to help resolve your issue.