I’d like some input from CoC players:
As you can see in the pictures, I’ve got domains set up at the bottom center of the play area. I’ve also left two extra spots for additionally played domains. I’m toying with the idea of placing the domains horizontally to the left of the player’s play area instead. My thought is this would make it easier to place characters and support cards, as it would leave two rows available in the center.
Do you guys have any input?
I know it’s been a bit since my last post, but wanted to bring you all up to speed on where we’re at:
I had originally planned to release an interim version with the Terror in Venice cards added, but I had stripped out several commands from the original code as I added in the new stuff. The game wasn’t quite playable yet.
How the game plays now: When the game opens, each player loads a deck, then begins setup. If the first player hasn’t loaded a story deck, s/he is offered one of the three existing story decks. Domains are placed, story cards are placed, and each player is given 8 cards. You target each domain, and double-click a card in hand to play it as a domain resource. Once each player has populated their three domains, the game may begin. The game plays through the phases. When you play a card, it goes into a space where it waits for you to choose a domain to pay for it. If the card is an attachment, you have to target the card you wish to play it on first.
What I’m working on now: The ability to score story cards, and checks to see about a winner.
What I’m going to work on a little bit before release: Adding scripts to individual cards.
The new release should be out within the week. I’ve put a fair amount of time into it this past week, but still need to get a bit more done before I’m ready to share it.