Mala Tempora, True Colors, and Fear and Loathing are now uncensored and available to download from the data packs page. Upstalk and The Spaces Between have not been procured yet in censored form, so until then you can use the generated proxies.
Also uploaded the uncensored Opening Moves as well.
It’s another of those days. Double Time, the latest data pack has bow been rezzed for online play on OCTGN.
Unfortunately no censored images available yet but I hope I’ll have some soon.
- NAPD Contract: Will allow you to steal it if you don’t have enough money. Just don’t.
- Marker: Not automated.
- Fall Guy: Not automated, just trash it instead
- Singularity: Does not autotrash, so just ask the corp to trash all
The censored image packs for Fear and Loathing as well True Colors are finally available. Grab them from the sets page
- Quest Completed: Target the card you want to access before playing it.
- Tallie Perrault: Not triggered automatically when Operations are trashed. Just double click her when appropriate
- Blackguard: Rez not automated. Corp has to manually do it after exposing.
- Blackmail: Does not check for BP.
Also, that damn Subliminal Messaging was a complete PITA to code. It forced me to write a whole new trigger hook just for itself >_<
Image packs not uploaded (not for TC either) since I have no time to craft censored versions. If anyone wants to step up and blur the card texts and send them to me, I’d appreciate it.
Not only are almost all the new cards scripted as always, but 3.7.x also brings with it a completely new feature for those players who like to play online just a little bit faster (or who just use voice chat for speed.): Quick Access.
When this mode is activated, as a runner you do not need to wait for the OK from the corp before you succeed a run and access cards.
If the corp has not pressed OK or F3 yet, the first time you press F3, the game will automatically use the Access Imminent button. The second time it will proceed to access. Thus, If you know for certain there can be no reactions, you can just tap f3 twice in quick succession to access immediately. Obviously, you’re expected to give the corp time to react so don’t go pressing F3 two times all the time just to rush through.
To activate Quick Access, simply add the [Quick Access] tag in you game name (including [square brackers] ([QA] also works) or enable it from the Game menu.
If the game is not tagged as [Quick Access] then only the corp can set it as such from the Game menu. The runner can only request it from the corp, and only once.
If the game is tagged as [Quick Access] via the game name, then Quick Access cannot be disabled. This is to allow runners who want to play this way to do so, without being thwarted by the opposing corp.
Other than that, I’ve also started using the newly introduced notifyBar() messages, in a way to announces some important events, but I’ve tried to craft it in a way that doesn’t feel spammy. Lemme know if I succeeded.
The new version should also stop most of the red error spam that started appearing in the latest OCTGN versions. It probably doesn’t catch everything, but it should catch the majority of the flood.
When you play a new card on the table, the game will also add an orange highlight to it, to make it obvious for the opposing player, which should be useful for those times someone goes AFK for a few minutes, or if they just get distracted while the corp is playing a few new root cards in remote servers.
Finally I should mention that I’ve also added the uncensored Creation & Control images. Unfortunately I don’t have the images for True Colors available yet, so you’ll have to play with the proxies for now.
The Image Pack for Mala Tempora is now available in the Sets page, grab it while it’s fresh!
Also, as a sidenote, you may have noticed that the special clicks, credits etc fonts used in ANR have disappeared. This is because a recent update of OCTGN wiped all your settings and defaulted to turning custom fonts off. To see the custom fonts, you need to go to OCTGN’s options and click on the “Enable Game Fonts” checkbox. You need to do that outside a game to see a difference though.
All the cards have been scripted with a few exceptions where it would be too much pain to do so. Unfortunately, as always there’s a few trickier cards and Mala Tempora came with a good amount of those. In the end I managed to script most of these so that they work intuitively but there is one that gave me headaches.
I’m of course talking about everyone favourite new combo card, Accelerated Diagnostics.
First of all, this card is kinda ambiguous of how it actually works. So lacking an official explanation, at the moment this treats all cards being “looked at” as being in some sort of execution limbo. As such any further ADs you draw with AD, will draw fresh cards rather than repeating existing Operations in the top of R&D. This is also the easiest way to script this and I really hope FFG doesn’t rule this the other way just to spite me.
Furthermore, due to the limitations of scripting in OCTGN this will cause problem with cards which need a target to work. In those cases you need to ignore the resulting targeting error and replay the card afterwards (drag it to your hand and double click it), or just look at your top 3 cards before you play AD and see if any card will require targeting, and do it before you play AD.
Same is true for some sort of SEA Source + Scorched Earth combo. You’ll need to wait until the trace is complete before playing the SE or it will fail if the runner doesn’t have a tag.
Please understand that this scripting cannot be perfect and don’t request miracles with this card’s effects.
All played operations via AD will go directly to your archives once resolved, since further operations could theoretically pick them out of there.
Other than that, other tricky cards like Woman in the Red Dress and City Surveillance take advantage of the recently added remoteCall() functionality to directly ask the relevant player to make the decision on those cards, so they should work naturally at the start of the turn.
By the way, Hudson 1.0 will not enforce its effect. Just make sure you don’t access more than 1. In regards to archives, you’re anyway allowed to look at all the cards even if you don’t access them, so in that case you can look at the hidden archives manually before you succeed the run and decide which agenda you’re going to steal, and then succeed the run and refuse to score all other agendas but the one you decided.
Deep Red’s Caissas will gain a little marker when they come into play. When you rehost that Caissa that marker will give you one click. If you don’t rehost, that Marker will go away at the end of your turn. You should always rehost that Caissa immediately if you need to.
Sundew is not fully automated on click use since the game does not know where it’s assigned yet. Just double-click on it to gain 2 credits when relevant.
And that is all the weird stuff you need to know. Hopefully I should have the censored cards up soon.
Well have no fear, the latest data pack for A:NR is now rezzed! You can find the censored files in the sets page
The update comes with all cards automated as always, with some minor quirks:
- Bishop: Its placement is not restricted. To rehost it, just target an appropriate ICE and double click it.
- CopyCat: It won’t check for the duplicate ICE. Just make sure you’re using it when you’re allowed to.
- Wotan: Since the runner decides which routines fire, they’ve not been put at options. The runner can simply trash their progs, lose money and so on.
- Hellion Alpha Test: When the trace succeeds, the card will just remain on the table. Just target the resource and double click The Helion Alpha Test to return that card to R&D
- Off the Grid won’t actually prevent runs automatically. Just don’t do it.
- Profiteering will allow you to put >3 BP. Just don’t do it.
Other than that, everything should be groovy, but as always, if you find any bugs, report them over on github.
And if you haven’t noticed, there’s also been a few mechanical improvements in the last few days as well:
- Server access will now be blocked until the corp gives the OK. After 3 requests to access, the runner has a chance to bypass an unresponsive corp (but don’t do this unless you’re sure the corp is not still thinking about it). Second attempt will also directly prompt the corp to acknowledge the run or inform that they’re working on their reacts.
- Can now derez Agendas
- Reconnect() will now return ICE to their normal position, in case they get screwed.
- Plascrete carapace now comes with power tokens and their use is optional. When you’re about to receive meat damage, double click the carapace to use a token and create a damage-prevention effect on the table. That damage prevention will disappear once you receive any amount of meat damage, so don’t use the carapace all at the same time just to prevent the 3 incoming PSF damage.
Oh yeah, one last thing, the final set of the Genesis Cycle has now reached its uncensoring date, so I’ve replaced the individual data pack image packs with a whole uncensored package for the Genesis Cycle to be more convenient for the new players.
v3.3.0.x brings with it the much awaited first pack of the Spin Cycle. You can now power down your icebreakers and I’ll do the same to my AP sentries, alright?
Card images are not available yet, but I should have those uploaded soon enough. Until then use the auto-generated proxies.
Not much mechanical updates in the version, but I have added some pretty neat stuff in the previous 3 updates, It’s all in the changelog but I’m putting it all below because I know you’re all lazy bastards 😛
- New game definition for Opening Moves. As always, almost every card scripted!
- Project Ares (It will just an appropriate amount of agenda markers to reming you how many to trash)
- False Echo (It will just announce what needs to happen, but the corp will have to do it manually)
- Pawn: Its placement is not automated. To Rehost it, just target the ICE you want, double click it and select the first option
- Rook: Its placement is not restricted. To rehost it, just target an appropriate ICE and double click it. It also does not increase costs, you’ll have to take care of this manually.
- Invasion of Privacy: When the trace succeeds, the runners hand will go on the table. As the corporation, target the cards you can and want to trash and press “Del” for each one. Then the runner can press ‘Yes’ to retieve their hand back.
- Disabled hand shuffling because I’m hearing reports about weird bugs coming from it.
- Significant Game will now flip the board if the corp is on position B, or the runner in position A. many thanks to OCTGN for implementing the API to make this possible.
- Deck checking will now happen on deck load rather than setup. Game will pop-up a window if you have an illegal deck
- Game will now auto-update the tags on the runner ID, even if they were modified manually
- Game now more robust if someone manually drags a card off the table. Game will now clear attachment links to prevent mess-ups.
- Made all pop-up warnings once-only
- Removed game action to hide newbie warning since they’re all disabled after the first time now
- The Source and Chakana will now increase advancement costs
- Fixed Crash Space not properly trashing when triggered during damage
- Fixed Mulligan not shuffling correctly on single player.
- HQ access now adds larger artificial delay after each pick to obscure whether the runner has seen the same card in HQ before
- HQ will now be shuffled before runner access.
- Tested HQ Access randomness. It works fine you monkeys!