Android: Netrunner is an asymmetrical cyberpunk Card Game for two players made by Fantasy Flight Games.
Set in a dystopian, cyberpunk future where monolithic megacorps own and control the vast majority of human interests. While corporation players try to score points by advancing their agendas, they have to guard their intellectual properties from the elite and subversive hackers known as netrunners.
This is a game definition for the Online Card and Tabletop Gaming Network (OCTGN). Its card effects are almost completely automated to allow for smoother play and prevent mistakes
This site is the repository of all things related to this game definitiojn. Please check the header above for such things such as installation instructions, tutorials, and contributions information.
You can see the latest news and updates below.
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates. I’m not dead or anything, but two things contributed to this hiatus. One is that almost all ANR players on OCTGN migrated almost overnight to jinteki.net. I don’t mind, that site is some seriously good coding. At the same time I kinda lost interest in ANR personally and I haven’t actually played since Data and Destiny, plus I prefered actually the OCTGN speed and community so I wasn’t motivated enough to play online either. Finally, my time was all-consumed by my work on Doomtown:Reloaded, to the point where I reached a burn-out phase with OCTGN, so I decided to take it easy and refill by batteries, so to speak.
This meant that I procrastinated long and hard with netrunner, but I honestly didn’t feel like it was hurting anyone since there was something like 5 people still playing on OCTGN still. Hell, until now nobody even bothered to ask for it.
Anyway, I’ve found some time and motivation to add the new sets, up to 23 seconds, but I didn’t bother scripting the cards this time. The effort to reward ratio is non-existent at the moment for me, and I feel like it would be a complete waste to put hours of coding into something nobody is likely to bother with anymore. 🙁
Still, if anyone is still out there, you can at least load your new cards and use them manually now.
The new ser is now rezzed. Disposable HQ was a complete PITA to script, and it’s still might be causing some issues. See below
- Tech Trader: Manual use
- Net Chip: Won’t enforce the memory, just don’t host more expensive stuff than you should
- Corporate Scandal: Won’t prevent the corp from going to 0 Bad Publicity, so make sure you increase it to 1 afterwards.
- Harvester: won’t enforce the discard down to hand size. Do it manually.
- New Construction: Rez without cost manually if you have the advancements.
- Disposable HQ: Should be working, but it might cause issues if encountered in the middle of multi-access in HQ. If the Corp HQ is empty after access, press Ctrl+Q as the runner once and it shOuld recover.
I haven’t abandoned you, but since I’ve coded all expansions since Aug, there’s been little to speak of. Nevertheless, I’ve just pushed a bug fixin’ version for some of the things people have reported.
- Brain Chip will now give correct MU
- Cerebral Imaging will now give correct Hand Size
- Genetics Pavilion will only work while face up
- Clot shouldn’t warn the corp from the peddler
- Heartbit will now provide its MU
- Assassin’s second traced should work now
- Charman Hiro not active when scored
- Corporate Town fixed in multiple ways
- Film Critic won’t activate while in the peddler
- Independent Thinking will now announce the correct amount of cards drawn.
- Off Campus Apartment won’t give an error instead of announcing its effect.
Guess what is getting rezzed…
That’s right, everything is getting rezzed!
Old Holywood, Universe of Tomorrow AND Data and Destiny have all been coded and released into the OCTGN wilds!
Due to the amount of cards scripted, I thought it’s be easier to create a spreadsheet to keep track of what is not fully automated. I plan to expand this and go back and fill in previous expansions, but that will have to wait a bit more.
One thing missing is that the card proxies for the mini-factions are based on neutral cards (and the IDs are based on the existing factions), since I don’t have any templates for them. If anyone can step in to create them, I’d appreciate it.
For now, enjoy this epic code dump! Go forth and consume, liberate, or link up!
The latest and greatest Android:Netrunner expansion is once more available for play on OCTGN! It had quite a bit of weird interactions, so it took me a while to write the necessary custom cost.
Check below for trickier scripts
- Armand “Geist” Walker: Manual use similar to Exile
- Drive By: Expose manual as always (wait for Corp). After an expose, either the corp can trash, or you can trash by double-clicking Drive By
- Test Ground will derez all targeted cards. Make sure you target as many as you have tokens the relevant ones
- Allele Repression: You can target the cards in HQ before you use it to speed up the process.
- Marcus Batty: Manually use the subroutine is Psi succeeds
PS:Yeah, I couldn’t think of a interesing way to inset “octgn” in the title this time 🙂
Guess what, Chrome City is now rezzed! As always almost everything is automated but look below to check what might need some special attention.
- Immolation Script: Manual use. Target the ICE and Double Click Immolation Script to trash it.
- Turntable: Manual use. Target both agendas and Double Click
- Chrome Parlor: Manual use. Double Click before playing genetics
- Analog Dreamers: Target the unrezzed card before pressing F3
- Oaktown Grid: Manually use it just before the runner is about to access cards in this server.
- Clairvoyant Monitor: Target the ICE before using the Monitor
This should stop that annoying message in the lobby. Lemme know if you encounter any issues.
Today OCTGN pushed out an update which unfortunately ended up killing all scripts in most available game definitions, including Android:Netrunner. Unfortunately this went live without me being notified so by the time I found out, I had just arrived at work and couldn’t push out a fix until 10 hours later.
Nevertheless, I have now pushed out an emergency fix which should have taken care of this. However a result of this is that when hosting a game, you will see the following message in the lobby
I am aware of it. You do not need to inform me. I’ll be pushing out an update to make it disappear ASAP.
If you see a different message, or if your scripts still don’t work: RESTART OCTGN
Thanks for understanding
After a longer delay than usual, Breaker Bay is now available for online play via OCTGN. All cards have been scripted but as always, please take note of the following
- Hacktivist Meeting: Trash will happen after card is rezzed, so if the corp doesn’t have a card they can still play non-ice. Don’t do it.
- Off Campus Apartment. Use it like Personal Workshop, not like a Daemon. Target connection from hand then DC it. In case you’ve already played the connection, you can target it and DB the OCA to host it manually after the fact.
- Haley Kaplan: Manual use
- Comet: Manual Use
- Turing: Lose clicks manually.
- Should prevent the runner using automated effects to fetch specific cards from their Heap, but won’t prevent AR Lab Access.
- Breaker bay Grid: Manual use (Target card to rez and DC)
And as always, enjoy!